Friday, June 18, 2021

Homemade Woodland Scenic Scatter

 Or Stuff I Found in the Garden & Kitchen 


At the start of the Fae army building, I knew that I wanted a  distinct look to the bases. Which included a blended scenic scatter. I had already seen the use of birch seeds from other blogs. Which give a suitably woodland look.  So it was a bit a forage around the house and garden. 

Woodland Scatter Mix


From Left to right in approximately equal amounts. 

1. Light Brown Scenic Scatter -  If I was doing this again I would probably leave this out as it doesn't show up much on the brown bases. 

2. Mixed Herbs - form the local supermarket (Other Brands are available).


3. Autumn Scenic Scatter (Yellow / Orange grated sponge) from eBay.

4. Dried Catkins - The whole catkin was dried on a window sill and then they were removed from the stalk by hand.

5. Birch Seed Pods (Silver Birch - I think) - I found a load around the silver birch tree at the bottom of the garden.

Rob 

2 comments:

  1. That's geat! I also collect my birhcseed right on my frontdoor. Great to see, what nature has to offer. I usually find herbs to be a little bit too coarse. But depending on how dry they are, you can remedy this with a mortar and pestle.

    ReplyDelete

Thorin Enters the Fray

That's A Lot of Goblins Refought Guard the Crossing which played out in a very similar fashion to the first game, in that the goblins d...