Saturday, February 17, 2024

Home Improvement

Fog on the Barrow Downs


I built four of these barrow entrances a couple of years ago when I was in a very minimalist painting phase* in order to play the MESBG Fog on the Barrow Downs. The one where the four hobbits are chased by the Barrow wights and rescued by Tom Bombadil. Anyway I decided I needed one for a Hawk the Slayer scenario. And after gap of  4-5 years, its now time to do some actual painting on this one. 


*The stones in walls are actually rock textured wallpaper stuck onto foam card. I didn't even paint the edges. I told you it was a very minimalist painting phase!
 
Rob

3 comments:

  1. It might be minimalist, if you say so, but it's pretty cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen Jackson's films first and then read the book, the hobbits' adventure in the barrow downs fascinated us, because it was totally cut out of the film. We will thus follow the continuation of your project with curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, if this one goes well I might just to find the other three!

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...