Thursday, April 7, 2022

This Will Only take a Minute

 Adding a Bit of variety to the Wood Elves


Now I have several packs of the wood elves with spears and want to mix them up a bit. Apart from the obvious shield swaps , I can't think of what else to do with them.  

Anyway I decided I would quickly remove the shields at the end of the evening's session and in the  words of Homer Simpson:


All of the shields are in fact moulded very close to the body, so it was actually a bit of pain to remove them and took much longer than I expected. Also, I ended up breaking the feet of one of elves in the process. However, I think it was worth the effort and replaced them with the leftover shields from the Oathmark skeletons. Which have the same Celtic vibe as the original metal ones. 


Time to repair the legs on this one.



Rob

1 comment:

  1. You have launched yourself into a job that is anything but easy, in fact. As often happens to us too, the words "it takes a moment ..." are the prelude to an unexpected mange!
    That said, it seems like a great idea to customize your miniatures to make them look different from each other. And the shields you have chosen actually appear to fit and in the same style as the originals.
    It would be more radical to modify the poses of the body and the spears, but our poor skills do not even allow us to try to imagine it ...

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...