Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A Spot of Green Stuff

 Orcs or Goblins for Thistlewood

Still not decided if  these will be the Vile Rune orcs or the Black Sun goblins for Thistlewood.  I reasoned that I will  need a Warchief (and a bodyguard) regardless. So used a few of the spare dwarf arms to give them some hefty weapons followed by some Green Stuff fur collars to help bulk them up. I will also add some larger shields from the bits box as well to help them look more impressive. 



The Green Stuff seems to be drying out as
few bits of the yellow stuff wouldn't mix in. 

For reasons I can't remember.
A few headless goblins left in the bits box.

A few Moria goblins have been reclaimed from the bits box with new Oathmark goblin heads.  I will also change the weapons and shields to help them blend in with the others. This will help bulk the numbers up to the required forty. 

The shields have come out a bit dark,
so will have to be redone on the first five. 

Rob 

6 comments:

  1. Hm, those look interesting! Looking forward to the whole batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the conversion of the Moria Goblins - you can still see where it comes from but it looks like a completely new miniature! Great blend of the bits with the green stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Moria goblins look great with the head swap. I did the same with some Wargames Factory orc heads to give them a more Angus McBride look. Amazing what a simple head swap will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will get some of the WA orcs to mix up the last couple of figures.

      Delete
  4. Excellent work... they are going to paint up really well.

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...