Thursday, March 10, 2022

Throwback Thursday - Salute 2007

 Dioramas, Daleks and a Bridge Too Far

I haven't much time for hobby stuff this week, as work continues a pace on getting ready for the new kitchen. But I did manage to sort though my photos from Salute 2007. Unfortunately some later Salute pictures were lost when one of my old computers caught a virus.  

Big Boris starts a fight


A really impressive fantasy diorama.
I can't remember  why it was at Salute. 


This was slap bang in the middle of the David Tennant era.
When the new Doctor Who was a great family favourite. 

J & I, Loyal Subjects of his Majesty search  for pirates
 in a participation game.
 

Pirate ahoy

Alas our seamanship is not good enough.

and the pirate escapes...
Great game though


One of the wow displays that year




And a bridge too far. 
Rob 

2 comments:

  1. Another great series of photos. We love the fantasy diorama, so full of life! One thing that has always thrilled us are details or miniatures that are added underground to the main scene: a creepy sewer encounter with a beholder is a brilliant addition! Unfortunately, I fear that even the name of the author of this diorama is lost in the mists of the past (not even in the archive of the Salute website is there any trace ...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be Hasslefree, as I think Big Boris is from them.

    ReplyDelete

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...