Monday, March 14, 2022

First Attempt at Zenithal Highlighting

 New Techniques

I thought I would try zenithal highlighting as a new technique to try (& complete a square on my bingo card. As I have seen it used on a couple of other blogs and thought it would be fun to try. It also seems a effective way to paint ghosts etc. 

These two were done with a grey highlight over a black primer with a couple of spray cans. I think I also need to get some white spray to finish them off. The genestealer was done first and I think I used too much grey. So may start again with him. 

Eowyn came out well. 

I especially like the shading on the cloak. 

Feels like I overdid the grey on the Genestealer

Other Stuff


Still working on bloody handed Annie and Nanny Ogg when time permits. 

Trying to add blood splatter, but may have
overdone it. Still she does need to have a bit of blood. 
 

Learning the Rules


As part of my attempt to get to grips with the rules, I have put together a couple of small warbands for the Woods. Hopefully I will publish a progress report a bit later. 

Grog & the Red Claw Goblins

My Proxy Leprechaun warband. 
Rob 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I've tried myself the zenithal priming a couple of times, but got disappointed with my puny results. I hope you get it better than me, I'll be keeping an eye!

    ReplyDelete

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...