Saturday, July 10, 2021

It Got Me Thinking

Back To The Future (Almost)

After posting my picture of a 80's Citadel blister pack I have just bought and reading the comments. Got me thinking, exactly how old was this miniature? Fortunately a quick trawl through the Stuff of Legends website, revealed him to a  C36 Hobgoblin, first advertised in July 1984 and sculpted by Citadel Legend - Ali Morrison.

C36 Hobgoblin
Circa 1984


This however then led to what else was going on 1984, as turns out three of my all time favourite films.

Films


1. Ghostbusters - We all know who to call!

2..The Terminator  - I was too young in 1984 to see this film, so would have to wait a bit to see this one (When my friend got a video copy of it!)

3. Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom  - This isn't the best one of the Indiana Jones series but still great fun.  I saw again recently and was surprised how dated it seems now. 

Music

Now music turns out to be bit more tricky as much of the music around in 1984, I didn't listen to at the time and a lot of what's left I wouldn't own up to! When you realise that Chas & Dave made the top 10 albums in that year you can perhaps understand why. 


However Queen did release 'I want to Break Free' in this year, so it wasn't all bad.

& One other Thing

I bought my first Citadel Miniatures - a troll, a goblin, a orc and a medieval adventurer and they got painted with Humbrol enamels.  Then it got really serious.

and by the way still not opened it yet...

Rob 

1 comment:

  1. I remember 1984 as a particularly grim year, as I was sitting my o levels at the time. On the plus side Citadel miniatures were at their peak before the rot set in the following year with the introduction os slotta bases.

    ReplyDelete

Not A Goblin

No Really - Actually It's Dragon Newt After painting up the goblin horde it was time for something different. The fantastic Dragon Newt ...