Sunday, October 29, 2023

From Out of the Jungle

Basic, Better  or Best

Jungle Braves & Scouts

So, I have been looking forward to getting these minis* from Ral Partha Europe (RPE) because while there are some very nice Slann alternatives available from the likes of Diehard Miniatures and the Little Soldier Company. They look like the better / elite units of the Slann army. 

* Pack on order to look at them in the metal 😊

Where as these minis from RPE look like the 'bog' standard troops but still have that Slann vibe. With simple weapons and little / no armour they exactly have the right look for Jungle Braves.  To be honest whilst the levy troops such as Jungle Braves are by definition not very good, they were amongst my favourite units from my original army. 


I don't have any pictures of the unit, but I have managed to find a picture of one of the original unit members (Circled in red). A really simple shield design which I used for the whole unit that  I think just kinda works. 


I think they could also be used make some decent scouts. But I would probably jazz them up a bit with some weapons and equipment off of the Aztec sprue. 


Animal Handlers 

They will /could  also do double (triple) duty as animal handlers.

Some of my previous animal handlers from the mark one army. Any mini with a name was intended as a character. But I don't really remember having such a steady hand or fine enough brush to write all of these names. Obviously old age kicking in. 



Bizarrely there wasn't an official option for giant frog animal handlers in the Slann army, although you could have giant frog monstrous host. 


Nothing says 'Don't Mess with me' like a giant pink scorpion. 

Rob 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting how this project is unfolding so far. Give us more!

    ReplyDelete

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...